Briefings for Artist Residency and Open Studio Proposals for the Taiwan East Coast Land Arts Festival.
Applications are now being accepted for local artists and studio or store owners to participate in this year’s East Coast Land Arts Festival.
Four local Artists will be selected to create a piece of land art on the East Coast during the festival. (More detail information will be published on line on April 5th, 2017 )
Open studio spaces must be located along the coast of Taitung and Hualien along the East Coast National Scenic Area. These can be any type of spaces that are able to display works of art and host activities that are open to the public for the months of June, July, and August. (More detail information will be published on line on April 5th, 2017 )
For more information please come to one of the scheduled briefings below.
• Time: 15:00-17:00, April 7th, 2017
• Location: Moonlight Inn (No.20, 46th Neighborhood, Dulan, Donghe Township, Taitung County 95941, Taiwan)
• Time: 14:00-16:00, April 10th, 2017
• Location: 970 Hare Café (No.21, Ln. 53, Linsen Rd., Hualien City, Hualien County 97052, Taiwan)
• Time: 14:00-16:00, April 11th, 2017
• Location: Bamboo Room, Taipei Artist Village (No.7, Beiping E. Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City 10051, Taiwan)
• Time: 14:00-16:00, April 12th, 2017
• Location: Briefing Room of 2nd Floor, Kaohsiung Museum of Fine Arts (No.80, Meishuguan Rd., Gushan Dist., Kaohsiung City 80460, Taiwan)
There is no limit on the selection of media used in the artwork; it can be single or multiple materials, preferably natural materials such as wood, bamboo, rattan, stone, water, brass, metal, various plants, plant dye, and weaving. Please consider that artwork must be able to be displayed outdoors long-term when selecting materials. The artwork should also fit appropriately onsite in terms of its size and relation to the entire space.
The timing for resident artists to produce their artwork onsite is June 1- 30, 2017. The artwork must be displayed for five months at the designated location from July 10 to October 31, 2017 (including holidays).